Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fashion For the Cure- "Think Pink & Green"



Last night was date night for me and my hubby, but rather than dinner and a movie, we opted to dress up in our finest and dash on down to 2 Rodeo Drive. Susan G. Komen's Los Angeles County chapter presented the Fashion for the Cure event on the lovely cobblestone streets of Rodeo Drive. With live music, yummy oysters and wine, and back-to-back fashion shows, it was just enough she-she yet all serious fun. The event was hosted by Mariel Hemmingway and featured green fashion from Deborah Lindquist and breast cancer survivors modeling eco-fashion from Stacia, Not Your Daughter's Jeans, Eco-Centric, MC 2, and SASH. There's nothing better than seeing real women looking fabulous (and comfortable!) in my designs and strutting their stuff down the runway. Women of all shapes, sizes, and age looking beautiful! I was so proud! Breast cancer awareness is a very personal cause for me having had my grandmother die of breast cancer in her 40's and a best friend diagnosed (twice!) in her mid 20's. Today, the awareness has helped women of all ages overcome the death sentence of breast cancer. Unlike my grandmother, who back in the 50's would not have known to have done a self exam, my best friend thankfully beat the cancer early (and now she is mother to a beautiful baby boy!) I was happy and honored to be asked to participate in this extraordinary event and to make just a few women feel like a million bucks for one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment