Monday, February 11, 2008

Stacia Baby Returns - Fall '08 Preview






My fit model is a little older now (about 15 months) so my sample size has increased to 12-18 months, and she's a little harder to peg down for a photo unless you have a high speed shutter, which I don't (take all my pictures with a digital elf.) Kaiulani even pulled a little diva Kate Moss attitude and slumped to the floor refusing to look at the camera when I did the first photoshoot too close to nap time. But all in all, she came through for me once again and I got some decent shots of my new Fall '08 Stacia Baby collection.

Using the same fabrics, colors, and overall inspiration as my women's Fall collection, there's some great updated hoodies, leggings, and of course cutey cute dresses for babies and toddlers. In the super-soft bamboo/cotton fabric I did my signature unisex hoodie, slightly updated, paired with some great "grow-into" cuffed leggings (let the cuff down as junior sprouts.) And there's the cutest little sailor dress with faux-drawstring drop-waist and v-neck ruching. In the 100% eco-spacedye Bamboo, I brought back the best-selling pointelle hoodie, along with a new pullover top with large crochet buttons and a unique ribbed tuck stitch detail (looks especially cute in Mesa on Kai!) My favorite dress of the season is the pointelle swing dress with just enough ruffle to make your girl want to swirl.

The final group in 100% merino spacedye was actually inspired by my own baby clothes that my Mom had saved for me when I was a baby. I have a great little collection of acrylic and wool handknit baby cardigans and dresses that I wore as a baby and that my daughter wore when she was about 3 months old. These little keepsakes were the inspiration behind this group of intricately detailed sweaters with unique stitches, crocheted and pointelle accents, and old-fashioned matching bonnets. The pom pom dress is another favorite of mine and especially charming in Laurel on Kai (loving it with the pink baby Uggs!)

We won't really debut these goodies until the March Children's Show in NYC (although you can catch a glimpse of some of the samples at the women's Coterie show right now.) I'll be shipping my first Stacia Baby merchandise to stores the end of this month for Spring so let's hope it's received well and the buyers come back for more Stacia Baby for Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment