Friday, July 18, 2008

Stacia Fall 2008 has Arrived!





Every Summer it freaks me out to be boxing up Fall merchandise in the middle of July's sweltering heat. I'm just breaking out my own Summer clothes and the stores are already showing wool and other Fall-like fabrications. What's up with that? Even from my early years at Calvin Klein right out of Parsons I wondered the same. And here I am following the system! That's why I try to design with season-less fabrics with a wear-now sensibility, because that's how I want to dress. Hence, you'll find a lot of vibrant colors in my Fall collection, as well as transitional and eco-friendly fabrics such as bamboo/cotton and 100% bamboo. And most of my tops and dresses are in a light-weight 14gg knit so you can wear it now literally and not wait until October's chill to crank out your Fall stuff. Yes, I will have some cozier, cold-weather sweaters coming up next month, to arrive in stores in time for "back-to-school" or the break of Fall in September.

I've got two new groups for you up online now - Town & Country and Mission. The Town & Country is an ode to the old-school Hawaiian way of describing the two Island lifestyles - Town being the big city, Honolulu, and Country being the rural North Shore. The bamboo/cotton knits epitomize those two different lifestyles. You can wear these tops to work and look polished or throw on with some jeans and go country. The colors here are transitional to get you in the mood for Fall - Seagrass, Banyan, Haiku, and Lantern.

The Mission group is one big splash of color. Exactly what I want to wear now. These multi-hued colors evoke the Mission culture of old California - Mesa, Adobe, Sequoia, and Juniper. Lively colors, yet simplified shapes that you can wear now or cozy up in come Fall.

A few of my favorite things this Fall at Stacia are the Juniper placket tunic with chunky crochet scarf to warm things up. The ultimate dress to don with your tall black boots and bare legs is in Adobe, with sexy ruching around the bust to accentuate the positive. And if you're looking for a heavier weight knit without the itch-factor of wool, try the 7gg tuck stitch cowl neck or the 7gg hoodie. I swear this bamboo yarn in heavier gauges feels just like cashmere, and a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to care for. Being that I gave up dry cleaning when I left NYC 4 years ago (pretty much when I started having kids) I have yet to dry clean any of my own Stacia sweaters. I throw those puppies right in the wash with everything else and soften 'em up in the dryer. My only recommendation is to avoid zippers and jeans when washing with the delicate knits to avoid snags.

Check out all the new goodies online at www.shopstacia.com. Email me any questions about the line anytime. I'm all ears for suggestions, inspiration, and moral support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment