Friday, October 31, 2008

Twice a Day Mo'bettah


I used to have a Honolulu Advertiser bumper sticker in my locker at school that said "Twice a Day Mo'Bettah." It was sort of a tongue in cheek saying that made you think of other pleasant things you'd like to do twice a day, but it was really about wanting to receive your paper twice a day. In any case, it was just too cool of a phrase not to flaunt. Today, it's my motto, just as I venture off on my two week, much-needed vacation back home to Hawaii. I'm dreaming of surfing twice a day. Whether it'll actually happen is another issue. When you have two kids under 5, there's little "me" time. But hopefully with hubbie in tow and a built-in-babysitter, Tutu and Grandfather Johnson, I may actually be able to sneak away for a few waves. It's been a pathetic surfless-year for me since the kids and my biz have been keeping me busy. But now with 16 days ahead of me with no other obligation but to chill with my family, I'm praying for surf. My favorite 9' long board is just waiting for me to wax it down and take on the gentle waves of Queens and Canoes in Waikiki. Out on the water, I can have my mind at ease and envision Spring 2010. And as I glide in for what seems like a 1/4 mile like Duke Kahanamoku, I will release all my year's tensions.

I'll be out of the loop for a bit, but will be back I'm sure with chock full of inspiration for Spring 2010. Who wouldn't be inspired by the world's most beautiful sunsets and tropical surroundings? And hopefully it'll be 'twice a day mo'bettah' surfing for yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment