Saturday, November 22, 2008

Eco-Stacia in Style


I was blissfully enjoying another day in Paradise when I received a text from my girlfriend in Memphis - "Is that your space-dye sweater on page 329 in InStyle November?" I immediately thought, of course not since I didn't send the magazine any samples lately and it's probably just another space-dyed sweater out there (neither Missoni nor I have invented space-dye and actually it's a very common dye technique used by everyone from Walmart to Seventh Avenue.) In any case, I figured I should check it out, even if it is the competition. But finding a current national fashion magazine on the news stands in Hawaii is another story. Finally, I found a November issue in Kailua of all places. And low and behold, it was my favorite top from Fall, the Seagrass bamboo detachable-scarf top (I'm wearing the same top in my bio photo), worn by Kari Whitman, eco-interior designer-to-the-Stars. I must say Ms. Whitman looks smashing in the bamboo top and it was well-chosen for her eco-story. Unfortunately, we didn't get any photo credit, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. This is the second time I've gotten press where the celeb was wearing their own garb and had paid retail, which to me is a huge compliment (Hilary Duff in Star Magazine lounging in her own Stacia jade v-neck dress was another.) And lucky for you it's on sale now at www.shopstacia.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment