Monday, January 19, 2009

Style Returning to the White House


Finally, after decades of poor style in the White House, the Obamas have come to the rescue. Not only is there excitement for a new President, but I'm so psyched we're getting one with actual style. And it's not just the elegant Michelle Obama, who I'm also happy has some fashion sense. But the big guy himself, Barack, has some serious style too. I love this picture above of him at Occidental College with his funky Aloha shirt and fro. You can just hear the Bob Marley music in the background. Love it! I'm sure most of the time, the poor guy will have to wear his boring suit and be all business when we see him on TV, but you can just tell this guy's got a lot more style than your average Republican or Democrat. Not since JFK has the White House seen two style icons move in. And I'm not talking about the decadent Reagan era either with all those Dynasty dresses worn by Nancy. Thankfully, both Michelle and Barack have a more down-to-earth fashion style that us real people can relate to. J.Crew anyone? Next on my to-do list, send Michelle one of my Pucci space-dyed beach tunics for her next vacation on Oahu. I can totally see her wearing it with some J.Crew white skinny jeans and some Tori Burch thongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment