Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day Trip - Aquarium of the Pacific


Took a little jaunt down to Long Beach to take my kids to the aquarium. Not expecting to find much inspiration in fish and sharks, but low and behold, I found some design inspiration! The colors in nature are so vibrant and techni-colored that they're almost not-real. In the tropical section of the aquarium I came upon a bunch of small tanks that were like still-life landscapes of coral, seaweed, urchins, and tropical fish. The colors and combinations of these colors in nature were out of this world. I've finally found my inspiration for Fall '08! I'm just starting to work on the next spacedye palette for next Fall (I know it's scary- I'm already thinking about next Fall and this Fall hasn't even hit the selling floor!). Check out the quick photo I took above and savor these scrumptious colors of paprika, chocolate, mauve, goldenrod, lavender, and burgundy. What a great combination of colors and they'll be gorgeous in a spacedye pattern for Fall. If I only had the luxury of finding these colors while scuba-diving (I wish! It's been like 3 years since I dove in the pacific). Oh well, for now I have to settle for land inspiration until my next scuba outing where I can see the real-deal up close and personal. Stay tuned for more on Fall '08!

No comments:

Post a Comment