Thursday, June 21, 2007

Charms to Cherish


After baby #2 was born, I was determined to buy myself a "push" gift this time, and not just some fancy jewelry or an expensive handbag. I was looking for something more personal that celebrated the birth of my two children. But I didn't want something too hokey, like my child's birthstone or picture around my neck - it had to be stylish and cool.

One of my favorite haunts on the Westside is the Brentwood Country Mart and I came upon the cutest, tiniest shop there- Monogram Market. What pulled me in the door was the display of hand-stamped, gold charms that were personalized with the name of a child and his birth date on the back. Perfect! I found my push gift!

These heirloom quality 14K gold discs come in various sizes depending on the length of the name. You can choose with or without a rim, silver or gold, and either a name or an initial. The font is a traditional 'typewriter key' lettering that comes from a vintage stamping machine. The artist, Heather Moore, customizes all these charms herself and they must be ordered 3 weeks in advance. Chains and little jeweled bead attachments are optional. They also have a great "wish list" order form you can fill out and give to your hubby as a hint (idiot proof ordering!)

Monogram Market just has an informational web site, so it's best to drop by or call for a catalog. I love my two new gold charms - printed with 'Kaiulani' and 'Campbell' with their respective birth dates on the back- and I will cherish them in style for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment