Monday, June 11, 2007

From the Sketchpad - Part 1


Since this blog is my diary of sorts as a designer, I wanted to include a series of entries about new stuff I'm working on. Most consumers don't realize we designers have to work a year in advance on our collections so it may be fun to see what's coming up before the collection hits the floor. So here's my first entry From the Sketchpad...
It's June and I've already designed Spring 2008 (to ship to stores in January '08!) Spring is my favorite collection to design so I'm never at a loss for ideas. This Spring I'm dabbling in some new yarns for my signature spacedye - 100% bamboo and 100% cotton. And the new shape I'm working on is the wrap dress. It's a design staple and goes along with that effortless look I strive to achieve in my knitwear. It's easy to feel polished in one , but you can also throw one on over some leggings or a swimsuit and have a more laid-back look. Another fave dress shape I'm resurrecting is my va va voom dress from my Brooklyn-boutique days. It was my best-selling dress at stacia new york in all fabrics - mainly cotton prints - and now I"m trying it in my spacedye knit. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. Can't wait to get all my design samples in from the factory! Will post some pix of the new designs when they arrive. Stay tuned for more Spring '08 From the Sketchpad...

No comments:

Post a Comment