Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Behind the Scenes - 'Surfrider' Photoshoot






Next Spring you'll be sportin' my spacedye in a super-soft, comfy cotton jersey. It's the perfect weight for Spring - 'Sweatertees' as I like to call them are light as a tee, but have the fine finishings of a true sweater. So put away those disposable tees and try a Sweatertee instead. These puppies are washable too. I introduced this quality in solids for my first collection in 2005 and I'm still wearing those hoodies today. They're the perfect "ball up and throw in your beach bag" kind of sweaters. And now they're available in these cool surf-inspired beach colors - La Jolla, Santa Cruz, Carlsbad, and Hermosa (fave surf spots if you haven't guessed!) The ultimate beach hoodie is back with 3/4 sleeves with solid elbow patches and a ribbed hem. A best seller at last week's Project show in Vegas was our crochet tank with drawstring detail (lovin' it in La Jolla!) And for the girly side of surfing, there's the Hermosa sweethart top with an eyelet pointelle stitch, oversized buttons, and a slightly shorter length for those higher-waisted pants and skirts that are makin' a comeback (remember it's all about the waist again.) My favorite color is Carlsbad with its beach-hued combination of coral, chambray, and mellow-yellow, and in the T-shirt dress it's a must. I'm definitely sportin' this one over a bikini for my spontaneous beach outings (super comfy and cute over pants too!) And like the other Spring groups, I'm offering all these cute styles in solids too. Our Surfrider solids are Foam, Chambray, Whitewash, and Wildflower. Check out the Wildflower number above - the cutest of cute crochet 'throw-on and go' dresses for Spring. I like to think this group is very 'après surf' and the ultimate beach-girl's uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment