Sunday, September 16, 2007

Space Dye Merino Wool - in Stores Now!


This month we're shipping our full-on Stacia Winter collection of merino wool space dyed sweaters to stores across the country. Now with our new New York showroom and our increasing list of East Coast boutiques, Stacia has expanded into other fibers, merino wool to be specific, to keep our Northeastern customers warm and stylish in Stacia. Although the bulk of my collection is made in transitional year-around fabrics (think rayon, cotton, and bamboo), I can't ignore my Colorado and Nor'easterner's request for cozy wool versions of my spacedye sweaters. But my experience at retail has shown me that there are a lot of people out there who can't wear wool and don't want to pay for cashmere prices, but still want to cure that Winter chill with a cozy sweater. My solution was to "plait" my merino wool with rayon to give it a softer hand feel on the inside (itch-proof) and create a drapier hand for my wool dresses. Genius! So don't be afraid of wool (no more prickly skin!) and forget that $300 plus soon-to-pill cashmere sweater at Barney's. My spacedye merino wool (with rayon backing) will surely fit the bill for price, comfort, and warmth come this Winter. The "Alyeska" group (a favorite ski spot of mine in Alaska) consists of three winter-worthy colors - Cabin, Lake, and Lodge. I kept it a tight group of just four must-have Winter shapes - a belted chunky cardicoat, a flirty swing cardi, my signature hoodie, and a mod-inspired ribbed mini dress. All these goodies will be in a store near you this month, and of course, always online at shopstacia.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment