Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Retail Therapy in El Segundo


We all need a little retail therapy every now and then. I'm a big fan of the quaint little beach town of El Segundo and I was jonzing for a Good Stuff veggie burger, so I popped on over to Grand Avenue. There seems to be a lot of new retail on this little strip. I've been eying the windows of Frocks and Rocks and finally ventured in. Found the best-fitting flare jeans around and no sticker shock! These wide-leg, dark denim jeans by See Thru Soul look more like a retro sailor pant with the double row of buttons in the front. The back waistband hugs nicely along your low back so there's no weird gapping at the waist or embarrassing crack cleavage. And the best thing of all is these puppies were under $100. When I was in San Diego I also snagged a pair of Level 99 jeans at Christie's Boutique which were also a steal at $106. The Oasis jean in Bali is a great fitting, super light-weight jean perfect for Summer. And why did I just spend over $200 for those Anlo jeans at Madison? What was I thinking?

Another great discovery at this little gem of a store was an inexpensive, yet high-quality organic line of tops called Trinity. How in God's name do they make and sell these organic tops for $30-$40?! It's unbelievable. The fabric is high-quality, they say it's organic (so I trust that it is), the silhouette's are great, and it's still only 40 bucks! I bought the cutest tops by Trinity - a black sheer cotton/silk blouse which looks great over a fitted tank, an ivory shimmery blouse with triple drawstring ruching at the neck, and a comfy short sleeved hoodie with a cool cowl-neck drawstring. I hit the jackpot! So let me tell you, there's nothing better than a little retail therapy and a big fat veggie burger with sweet potato fries to top it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment