Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Surf Moms Unite



Yeah, Surf Moms are finally online! Check out founder Lauren Arborio's new web site, SurfMoms.net, celebrating Moms and their love of surfing. Surfers before giving birth or newbie surfers with kids in tow have been meeting weekly or daily here at local beaches along Santa Monica, Malibu, and Manhattan Beach. I joined last Summer after I had Kai and tried to meet up with them at Ocean Park on Fridays. What a blast to get out in the water, bond with other Moms, and know there's a fellow Mom on the beach with your baby (they call it childcare exchange - take turns surfing and babysitting.) With the Winter months and the much too cold for me water, I've been a rather delinquent Surf Mom lately. But now that my work load at Stacia has simmered down and the water's slowly heating up, I'm anxious to get out on the water again - boy, will I be rusty for sure! So if you live in Los Angeles, love the ocean and have little ones, check out the new Surf Mom's web site to learn more. Come join us out on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment