Sunday, June 20, 2010

fingers tips

That sounds similar to what I have only mine is on the left small, ring, middle fingers-middle joint only, top folds of the skin only. I was just told it might be inverse psoriasis by a dermatologist. If anyone else has this dx, I would like to hear comments about its progression from your perspective.

Five yrs ago after a terrible respiratory infection that has triggered all kinds of problems, and ongoing horrendous job stress, I was getting a haircut and was nicked at the juncture of the top of the ear and the scalp, just enough to draw blood. A month later I had red sore weepy skin at the site. That has evolved into cyclical crusty flaky to mushy weepy skin behind the entire ear. It is now behind the other ear also. It is no where on the scalp. Now. it has appeared on these knuckles. I don't think the dermatologist has a clue since I have heard something different at every appointment. Internet tells me you can't get psoriasis by touch, yet it only has appeared where there has been skin contact...no family history of it. Apparently, the inverse form of psoriasis appears at skin creases. I would swipe those three knuckles down behind the ear when it was weeping. Nothing cures it. If you are filing your skin, and you have psoriasis, internet says that will only increase the problem. Right now, I am trying Triamcinolone Acetonide and prescription strength antibiotic ointment. I worry about applying any form of a steroid yet so far it is the only thing that controls but doesnt cure it.

On a more humorous/depressing note, my coworkers took a vested interest in my diagnosis. To end all speculation, I announced to the room that anyone who wants to make an issue of it, had better be prepared to discuss cold sores, which I am surrounded by daily, and those people cant keep their fingers away from their cold image

No comments:

Post a Comment