Saturday, June 19, 2010

girls fashion

Salwar Kameez is the most popular outfit for South Asian Women specially India & Pakistan. These outfit are extremely comfortable and look very elegant on women of all ages. Here you will find the latest fashion designs in Pakistan and india from the dress designers who strive to make you look good and stand out by enhance these dresses by unique embellishment using different kinds of Embroideries, Block Print, Bead, Sequins, Zardosi, Dabka, Tilla work, Ghara work, cut work etc. Our designers use various fabrications like Georgettes, Raw Silks, Cotton & Cotton Blends, Hand loom, Khaddi, Jamawar, Satin, Lawns, Organza, Katan Silk etc.

Pakistani clothing including evening wear, casual wear, formal wear shalwar kameez, and modern apparels which are worn usually in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, all over South Asia and at South Asian families. The section also covers western pants, tops and shirts, evening gowns at unbelievable low cost. Simply click on the sub categories and you'll be able to browse through cool eastern western collection of Mystique Asia. You may keep checking this section as we often put special sale offers and discount offers so that you can buy apparels dresses online.

We are very passionate about our work and put in a lot of effort to provide you the latest designs so that you look good. Special emphisis is given to Styling & Cuts of each dress to make the person wearing them stand out

While growing up, I aspired to work in the fashion industry. I’d peek at my mom’s Elle and Vogue magazines, staring at the works of art, draped around the models or, I’d be quick to flip to the jewelry pages to gawk at the most expensively-priced items. I’d watch her soaps during the summer, imagining what it would be like to be an actress or model, thinking that they lived these amazing lives where designers dropped out of the heavens and gave them clothing that seemed made for them. I’d imagine myself one day living that glamourous lifestyle that these images seemed to portray.

By high school, at age 15, my first job was at Woodward and Lothrop. My Fashion Merchandising class had given their students an opportunity to get their first taste of what it would be like to work for a major department store. My job: folding piles of clothing during the holiday season. (To this day, I never leave a mess in a dressing room or leave a piece of clothing crumpled on top of the pile.) And, being so proud of my first real paycheck, I bought my first outfit, which cost $24 - pricey back them for a 15 year-old. It was (what I now consider hidedous) a navy and white speckled romper with two gold and pearl faux buttons at the waist, as if to clench together a belt. I also bought one of those big ivory chiffon and rhinestone hair bows to go in my ponytail. I seriously though this outfit was what everyone would envy because I felt like a model in it.

By my junior year, I was heading to New York with my fashion class – visiting the likes of Tommy Hilfiger and Zum Zum (it used to be a fashionable prom dress label before Kristy Taylor died). It was my first time in the “Big City” EVER and every single sight and sound around me put me in awe. From running around Macy’s, right after Christmas, to having dinner at the (long-gone) Super Model Cafe, to taking in the musical Tommy and even riding to the top of the Empire State Building, everything seemed “magical”, causing me to day dream (quite frequently) about living there one day.

We were also required to put on an annual fashion show that we 100% ran. I did this for two years and loved every minute of it – from the sound and lighting, to the fashions and the decor of the runway. It all excited me. In fact, those fashion merchandising classes, plus sewing and marketing, I aced because all three were a passion - the art of making someone look good.

When I got to college, my dreams were all but crushed when I realized that getting a B.S. in Marketing was not going to happen. My strong suit was not in math or in microeconomics for that matter. I’m just not analytical enough to grasp these. Therefore, I majored in Communications and minored in Telecommunications, while working for retail stores, such as Victoria’s Secret, Express, Bath and Body Works and even Gymboree. It was through these that I wasn’t sure that the fashion merchandising route would make much sense. I loathed working for a retailer and would have rather worked directly for their corporate entity - attending New York Fashion Week, being asked to go over seas to attend meetings and make big decisions on the next advertising campaign.

By my junior year of college, fashion was all but an after-thought when my dad got me an internship with a technology dot.com. It was then my career in marketing took off, but landed me in the combined worlds of government and technology for the next 11 years.

Although not directly working for any type of fashionable retail, I definitely supported the economy when I could. It went from buying the classic basics (Banana Republic, Old Navy and Express), to finding unusual peices that would work with my classic basics, to “occasional” dresses, shoes, handbags and accessories. I’ve realized, as I’ve gotten older, that there is no use in fighting it. I love fashion and as a result, I love to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment