Sunday, December 28, 2008

All I Want For Christmas...


My son's Christmas "want" list was pretty long, which at four years old is understandable, but when you get to be an adult your "want" list gets shorter and shorter each year. My husband always asks me what I want for Christmas and this year my answer was short - "nothing." I have everything I want really - a healthy, beautiful family and a thriving business. Yes, I probably would love a new diamond ring (gotta wait till my 10 year anniversary!) or a vintage Mercedes 450SL (red, please.) But let's be realistic. I told my son all I wanted this Christmas was a painting or drawing by him, something homemade and with love. Sure enough, I got what I wanted this year, neatly wrapped in a flat 8 1/2 x 11 format, his self portrait on construction paper. See above my favorite gift I received this year - my son's self portrait in black marker. Love it! He looks like a Christmas tree!

To continue on my thought about homemade gifts...I too got creative for my husband's gift this year. For zero dollars, I created a homemade CD (2 disc at that!) titled the 'Wife Mix' featuring some of my favorite tunes this year that I wanted to package together (feeling a bit like Brian Eno here!) for my husband to enjoy on his hour long traffic jam everyday on the 10. I even whipped up some artwork thanks to Illustrator and personalized the CD cover. So when you think your loved one has everything, why not make a gift from the heart? You've got another year ahead to get creative until next Christmas, so get crackin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment