Sunday, December 28, 2008

Obama Stole My Vacation


I'm happy a "local" boy has made good and has been elected our new President. I guess I'm a little biased being that I'm from Hawaii too. Finally a President who is having a true vacation and one that I would actually envy (please, a vacation at a Texas ranch is not what I call fun!) Obama has come home or at least is renting a lavish estate in Kailua, in the private Lanikai area. Not quite downtown Honolulu where he grew up, but hey, if I was going on vacation in Hawaii I'd pick Lanikai too. My husband has been reading about Obama's every move on the island and with some envy of course. Obama has stolen our Hawaiian vacation! We go back to Oahu every year and always have our favorite haunts, and Mr. Obama is following our every move.

First off, Lanikai is a special place for us. My son was christened on the beaches of Lanikai, probably not far from Obama's compound. Secondly, Obama has been seen playing golf at Olomana, one of my husband's favorite local golf courses. Believe me, Obama has his choice of many high-end private courses, but this guy chose Olomana of all places (right in dicey Waimanalo.) Next stop, to our favorite shave ice joint in Koko Marina (the local shopping center in Hawaii Kai), Kokonuts. What next, Zippy's for a plate lunch? I wouldn't be surprised if his next move is a trip to Haleiwa for some fish tacos at Cholo's or Michelle Obama may hit the North Shore Swimwear shop for a custom-made bikini. So I'm kind of flattered that the President Elect has chosen to duplicate my Hawaiian vacation. At least the guy has good taste and knows how to have fun. Love that he body surfs at my old hangout, Sandy Beach (also where my hubbie proposed to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment