Friday, December 19, 2008

What Comes Around Goes Around



It's safe to say my Stacia baby line is plenty wear tested, thanks to my beautiful fit model, Kaiulani. On a recent Holiday outing to Venice to watch the Christmas boat parade, I was proud to have my daughter wear test my current Fall creation, the Laurel pom pom dress and crocheted cardi. Talk about old school. She looked festive and plenty warm in the blustery evening along the Venice canals. The inspiration behind this crocheted wool ensemble was simply my childhood memories of wearing handmade creations by my Aunt Flossy. My Aunt Floss was always crafty and loved knitting or crocheting clothing for me (and my dolls) to wear. She worked in a knitting factory in New Jersey and did quality testing for all the acrylic knitted garments made back in the early 70's. It's fitting that I design knits now, because she was always an inspiration to me even though she only lived until I was 12 years old. Her hand-knitted ensemble I'm wearing above was the inspiration behind my capsule collection of hand-crocheted merino wool baby wear now available at shopstacia.com - purely handmade looking and perfect when paired with opaque tights and mary janes. What was darling in the 1970's is equally charming in 2008...like mother like daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment