Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Dream Boot


Okay, I lied, I did have a few things on my "want" list this year. But I wouldn't trust anyone but myself to purchase these - a boyfriend jean, a status watch, and some short booties (preferably a Sigerson Morrison size 10 1/2.) And boy did I get lucky on the latter. I had heard that Sigerson Morrison was having their annual 50-70% off sale (started Dec. 18th.) so I was anxious to get to one of their stores here in LA to see if I could snag the "it" boot of the season. Sure enough, I came up with a plan. "Let's go to Malibu for the day..." when actually all I really wanted to do was check out the boots at Sigerson's Malibu store. Yes, they had "the" boot and in my size. Yeah! I love my new gunmetal (sort of a greenish grey which will look fab with blacks, greys, and browns and much more unexpected than the predictable black) leather booties with side zip and studded flap. Perfection! I can't wait to wear them. And at 50% off, I was able to purchase without guilt. Merry Christmas to myself!

By the way, you should hurry on over to any one of Sigerson Morrison's stores (Malibu, Beverly Hills, 3rd Street) and check out their amazing sale. Pretty much everything is either 50 or 70% off. To snag a pair of boots in the $200 range instead of the $400+ range, you can leave your guilt at home. If you can't make it to one of their stores, my favorite boot is available online at Zappos for a measly 24% off (I bet they'll go down even more soon.)

I've always been a huge fan of Sigerson Morrison's shoes, not only because they make a size 10 1/2, but because their shoes wear so well. I have a half a dozen of their shoes and many were purchased a good 8 years ago in Nolita. Not only are they still in fashion, but they are in excellent condition and I plan to "will" my collection to my daughter someday. At 2 she already has a fetish for my Sigerson's. Let's just hope she has big feet like me when she grows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment