Saturday, June 19, 2010

now shoes fashion

Dear Manolo,

Because I’m the new girl in the office, I’m not going to get take my vacation until the very end of August. In the meantime, I’ve got to stick it out at work, here in the city, in this sweltering heat. At least my boss is cool with open-toed shoes and sandals, which means I can find some relief for my poor, swollen, sweaty feet. Please suggest something that will make me feel better about my predicament.

Kate

Manolo says, it is summer time! Time for sun in your fun!

Or, in the case of the Manolo’s friend, time to sit in the office and dream of being somewhere other than at the desk.

But, such is the nature of life. While some peoples are off riding the gold-plated jet-skis with Fabio on Lake Como, others must tend to the machineries of commerce, adding their imperceptible widow’s mite to the Product of Gross Domestication.

Later, when it is finally your turn to take the vacation, you will spend most of it helping your divorced mother clean out her garage, so that there will be room for her new boyfriend to park his bass boat.

Then, after your familial duties are completed, you will have three days all to yourself, which you will spend at the unseasonably rainy Maryland shore, eating room service crab cakes and watching daytime television.

Look espadrilles! From Delman!

Denny Espadrilles from Delman

No comments:

Post a Comment